Tuesday 13 November 2012

Tick tock... Happy Birthday to me. Tick Tock..

Well, I'm 23 in just a few short minutes and as I sit and reflect back on my twenty three years of life, I remember the good, as well as the bad. I've been through my fair share of things in my life, but here's what I'll say.

I am eternally grateful for everything I have, and what I have to look forward to walking with for the rest of my life. It has been a mess of opportunities, challenges and most of all, love.

I would never change my experiences, because they have shaped me into who I am today. This quirky, little firecracker who wears her heart on her sleeve and cries at the drop of a hat. The young lady that, above all, has so much passion that it hurts sometimes. We all have to hurt, don't we? We ride the roller coaster of life and have to enjoy it's ups and downs. (I prefer the Ferris wheel, but then you probably wouldn't have the adrenaline running through you that you do in any given situation)

I am made up of a dark side, stitched together so lovingly that it scarcely matters because I have good intentions. I love my life and I love the emotions I need to go through and the lessons I need to learn to accomplish what I need to do. 

The physical disability, the body that I'm in, the awkward freckles, the copper coloured hair and the deep dark brown eyes. None of that's important, because it's what's on the inside that counts. The soul, the aura and the mind. The perfect balance between the two that I'll never achieve doesn't hold me back from dreaming, it just makes them so much more vast.

I regret a great many things in my life, but I have to deal with what's here and now, not there and went.

Thanks for being there guys, and reading the blog. I love that you're all there every step of the way. Tears are pouring down my face at the moment and I'm beginning to realise just how much support I really have. <3 You've meant the world to me since that crazy girl in the wheelchair decided to start this blog and realised that there were people such akin to me.


And I leave you with this... This beautiful piece of music that seems to soothe my soul. <3

Lindsey Sterling's "Lord of The Rings Medley"

Bailey Dawn <3

1 comment:

  1. "...the awkward freckles..."
    You spelled adorable wrong, FYI.

    ReplyDelete