Sunday 11 November 2012

My god, yesterday was trying...

Today is starting out the same way as yesterday and if so, I think I'm just going to go cry in a corner...

Yesterday I was heading to Calgary to see Dan's family and have my birthday celebration with them. My friend John was driving and Dan was in the car too. We get to Red Deer (about an hour and a half drive and the halfway point) and pull in to get some gas at 2 PM. Well John's tire went flat right then.. There was NO ONE on earth who would fix it (apply a patch and some air) and we went to 10 different tire shops, most of them closed. At this point, I have about 20 people going to a local pub in Calgary to celebrate my birthday so I'm trying to let them know that we might or might not make it.  No one can help with the tire until Tuesday, that's right.. TUESDAY.

We're stranded in a small town, with no one we know near by and darkness upon us... What do we do? Why, have coffee at Starbucks, of course! We did this to warm up (it was -20 there) and to regroup. We went through lots of options, like... Dan's father coming to get us, Dan's brother.. But ultimately three hours passed and we couldn't just ask them to come out, especially since it was now starting to storm in Calgary. John re-subscribes to Onstar as a last ditch attempt for help at 7 PM, and at 7:20 they were there putting the donut tire on the car.. We had to drive back to Edmonton and it took us three hours in relatively good conditions to get back.

I still feel guilty about letting Dan's family and my multiple friends down, and I feel disappointed that I didn't get to go have fun with the friends I'm NOT going to see next weekend, not to mention seeing Dan's family whom I love to pieces.. It fell through and apparently Mother Gaia was trying to teach me something about trusting my instincts, because on Thursday, I was thinking we should NOT go.

Back in Edmonton now, we are all starving and it's justified since the last time we ate was 11 AM. We were going to go to The Keg Steakhouse because OnStar was quoting 90 minutes, but they came so quickly that we had no time. So back in Edmonton we decide to go to our favourite pub, Runway 29. Everyone orders they're favourites, and I do too.  Everyones food comes out and it turns out that not one of my orders came in right. I eat my food, much later than everything else's (since they had to correct it) and we go home. I lie down while eating Lindor's milk chocolates and just cry.  Can anything else go wrong?

and now it's the next day.. I'm awake. What mysterious bad things are going to follow me today I wonder? I'm intent on working on my reading, writing my story and staying away from any ladders... And the whole time we were joking about how I should have been in Finland at the "Imaginaerum" premiere and then none of this would have happened. I wish. I'm sorry to those of you who braved the weather in Calgary and came to wish me well only to find me not there. <3 Love you guys. I have the best friends ever!


Bailey Dawn <3

No comments:

Post a Comment