Monday 8 October 2012

The love of the literary world..

Since there are no concerts to go to this month (sadface) and I just found out that Sonata Arctica is not coming here, only hitting up Toronto, I felt the need to post this.

Books are awesome. You should love them. I read all sorts of books from books within the fantasy world(my favourite kind!), fiction, non fiction, war time books, books about biology, music books, autobiographies and the like. I write too, I do.. It's lame, but I write like CRAZY. I just will be driving down the street and get sudden inspiration and I literally cannot think of anything else until it's formed on my computer or paper. It's why I always carry my pirate book with all my poems, stories and lyrics in it. I have literally had to drive off the sidewalk into the grass and write down ideas before I could continue getting wherever I was going. I think I said this in a letter that has yet to be delivered yet but, it's strange how pouring your feelings out on a fresh piece of paper can sooth you.

Anyways, this wasn't the whole point of this post, this post was about the Kobo.. I just recently got a kobo, but it's not the same as holding a book in your hands. Smelling the musty smell when you open a particularly aged one.. (Now I'm speaking about it as if it's scotch or wine.) or feeling the weight of it in my hands. I enjoy crying on those pages occasionally and having my finger run over the words. I'm currently reading the entirety  of the Grimm's fairy-tales in book form, and having a blast of it.  Next, I'm moving on to reading "The Hobbit" for the third time in my life in preparation for the movie release and that is on my Kobo.. It's just not the same..


Long story short.. Books are awesome, Kobo is... not thrilling. Now on to my reading since it's 2 AM and I can't sleep. Ohh, Snow White..

Bailey Dawn <3


No comments:

Post a Comment