Thursday 1 March 2012

70,000 TONS OF METAL- Getting there!

Around September, in the car on the way back from Calgary (At stupid oclock, like 3 A.M) Dan shows me this metal cruise and goes. "Bailey, there's a metal cruise.. It's a lot of money, but Nightwish is on.." and I lean over and go, "I'm in!" without even thinking about the implications.

I've never been to a Nightwish concert, I missed them on the Dark Passion Play tour because I was just freshly 17 then and they played at a bar here, the Starlite room, and they sold out super fast. Plus, it was just at that time that I was starting to get into the band members thanks to Daniel, because before that (from 11 onward) I had listening to their music but never EVER knew the band members faces, their instruments, nothings. They could have been wearing bunny suits for all I knew, and I was okay with that.

When Dan told me about the cruise in September, it was around that time I went on Etsy, searching for Jewelery for myself for the cruise (particularly headbands) but I stumbled on something much much more.. breathtaking. I had bought it without a second though thinking that I would wear it. It was a vintage Beauty and The Beast pendant, it's not from Disney, it's much older art than that, but it was beautiful. Two weeks before it came, it dawned on me, it was never meant for me to wear, it was meant for Tuomas Holopainen. This came to me in a dream, and usually, I listen to my dreams when I get such strong feelings. I woke up feeling.. ill, to say the least. For me, talking to people is nerve racking. It scares me, almost to the point of tears, really. I am terrified of it, especially if I have to approach them... Something I was going to have to conqeur on the boat.

Over the next few months we struggled, we saved, we scrimped, we fought about it every which way we turned. It literally would be as bad as "YOU BOUGHT NEW SHOES?! SERIOUSLY THAT could be 5 drinks on the cruise!" But we pulled it off. We saved enough and On Saturday night we left for the airport. Our flight didn't leave until 8 AM Sunday morning, but I wasn't willing to risk handivan taxis, or any extra checking of my chair they would need to do. So we waited in line at the Delta counter for 6 hours lol. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS ON 24 HOURS NO SLEEP. Bailey and Dan get up to shennanigans!
Finally we get through that line, (because we were first) and we get through security.. Also, I could have been smuggling drugs, a bomb, weapons. "Nah, just let her through.." Uh, okay. This REALLY worries me. lol. I mean, I wasn't. the most I had on me was my hand cream, but it was in the appropriate sized bottle and all that jazz... Also, I wore no metal.. Or heels. Jenna Marbles would have been proud.

So we go to get on our plane, they take my chair and I'm just hoping they don't break it and they make me walk the way to the plane, which is okay, but I'm deathly afraid of heights and planes. Yup. Jumping off and running home is looking like a great option, but Dan's like melded to my arm as I'm breathing deeply.. and I put in my headphones. We de-ice and as we take off I listen to "I Want my Tears Back" and subsequently Imaginaerum by Nightwish about 50 times. Dan's passed out, and he's sick, so he's snoring but I prefer to stay up and stare out the window. For someone scared of planes I'm obsessed with staring out windows, it's very strange. We land in Minneapolis, and do a quick transfer and take off.. About three minutes into the flight.. My very very very awesome Orca headphones die on me!! And there's Dan listening to his music. I give him the evil eye the entire way there as he's listening to his music.

Miami Airport is interesting, isn't it? For those of you who haven't been there.. Well it's a mall, for one.. It has a Starbucks everywhere you turn, (And let's face it, I love frappuchinos so I wasn't complaining) and it's in the middle of the city. I've been awake for like 37 hours straight now.. Eventually we grab some Subway, and go to our room (since it's in the hotel) and watch.. The food Network and I pass out and wake up eight billion times thinking we're late!

No comments:

Post a Comment