Sunday 3 March 2013

This weekend was awesome!

Do what you want cause a pirate is free...

Add caption
It was Dan's birthday so we hopped down to Calgary, around a three hour drive from where we live. I love it there because not only do I get the chance to spend some time with my in laws, which is lovely, but I also get the chance to be away from the chaos that is my house. It's so starkly different for me. I start to realize that not everyone is/was treated the same way as I was growing up. Some people have genuine love in their families, instead of screaming and lashing out physically. I always have to remind myself that no confrontations are going to happen while I'm there. I'm so use to traipsing on eggshells that I sometimes forget that people aren't always like that.

Seeing as Thomas was born on the 3rd and Daniel was born on the 4th, this seemed awesome and we all celebrated together.


I'll post some pictures from the actual event though I'm afraid I only have a few.

We had a family birthday party full of food and friends and laughs for Daniel and his brother!




Dan got the pirate hat...

I got presents from my mother in law because she's awesome! I had been wanting a pair of these since I saw momma Dee had made a pair for her husband! Except she made them in purple because that's my favorite color!


and then it was time to get ready for the bar so I ran off to wash my face and make myself presentable...

Then it was off to the bar to celebrate with some friends. Surprisingly I didn't need my wheelchair to walk in there because the boys were so lovely and helped me but they were holding me up in this picture.. And yes, that's a smoke in my hand.. I get a craving every once in awhile to smoke. The way I see it is everything gives you cancer, at least I'll die happy.


Bailey Dawn

PS; I apologize for the pictures being EVERYWHERE but they just won't go where I want them to go. It's making me twitch and it's frustrating so I just gave up!




No comments:

Post a Comment